This is obviously a designer who knows his game - I was really happy with the result - in a competition with 3 super good alternatives. Roggy also responds well to comments, and provided clearity through letting me see alternative color schemes, and more. Recommended!
How uniei started their logo design journey
The Enterprise Lab is managed by the University of Nottingham’s Institute for Enterprise. It provides entrepreneurial students and graduates from all disciplines with the advice and support they need to explore and develop their business ideas.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Since our services are aimed principally at students (aged 18-22) the logo should appeal to this market but at the same time must not alienate our academic colleagues or the established businesses with which we're also associated.
Our current logo (if you can call it that) is simply made up of text in the form ‘Enterpriselab’. The new logo needs to incorporate the name but can include an additional graphic element. The two words 'enterprise' and 'lab' don’t have to be combined in the way they are at the moment.
The new logo should be clean and modern in style without being ‘trendy’. It should represent an enterprise led, forward thinking organisation which serves an enterprising, entrepreneurial market. We'd love to see these qualities represented graphically.
• Clean, simple, modern design
• Must look good printed as well as on screen
• The Business School and institute corporate colours (primary and secondary palettes) are detailed here http://www.irisassociates.com/notts…lours.html but we would consider alternatives
• Anything cartoony or character based
• Anything featuring mortar boards or other traditional university/academic paraphernalia
• Anything which replicates or borrows from the University of Nottingham logo. We especially don’t want the castle motif to be reused.
• Drop shadows or 3D effects which make the design difficult to print or photocopy