The most important thing to us is that someone who sees the logo should think two words: "web" and "chemistry".
"Web" can also be represented with graphics suggesting "collaboration" or "connectedness"
The graphic should emphasize connectedness and collaboration over chemistry. Our company name is highly suggestive of chemistry, but not of these other qualities. We want the graphic to convey this message.
The graphical element that makes us unique from other Web development companies is the chemical structure - those hexagons, pentagons, wedges, and zigzag lines that chemists draw.
For examples of chemical structures, see our site Chempedia:
Incorporating a chemical structure (or part of one) into the logo would be great, but is not required.
Technical requirements include:
- The company name "Metamolecular" should be used
- The same case should be used for all letters
- "meta" and "molecular" should not be distinguished by contrasting colors or font weight.
- The "LLC" part should not be used
- SVG as output format
- Usable on Web pages, in presentations, and on business cards
- No licensed fonts or graphics. You must own copyright to entire logo contents.
In terms of the look, colors, graphics, we leave that entirely to you. There's nothing we're trying to match our logo to.
Things we like:
Things we dislike:
- information silos
- tradition for tradition's sake
- sharp corners
I will assign a start rating and specific feedback for every design submitted.