another project done on time and with great communication. well done!
How missmelon started their logo design journey
I am seeking a talented designer to create a brand logo for a racing airplane. This logo will be used in a race competition in early September and will appear on t-shirts, buttons, and perhaps even nose art.
We already have a general sketch of the image (see attached).
Background on the plane:
Airplane is an Aerovodochody L-29, made in the ‘60s in Czechoslovakia – was a Czech airforce recon machine back then. The plane is white with red trim.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We will be debuting the logo at the Reno Air Races in September. The audience is composed of racing enthusiasts - we're looking for a clever way to incorporate elements of "racing" along with the history of the plane in the logo in the same way that we did with the plane's name: Vodo Finish.
We already have a general sketch of the logo. However, I would also like to see interesting/unique ways of incorporating the jet shape as well.
Required elements include:
- Race #76
- Vodo Finish [name of the plane which is derived from of 'photo finish' and 'Aerovodochody' the airplane builder]
- Aero Vodochody L-29-R [make and model]
- The scanned logo paper shows a camera lens as the 2nd 'o' of vodo -- and the reflection in the lens is the reno home pylon with a jet going by
- Cyrillic version of L-29
- Colors: The plane is white with red stripes and a large number 76 in black. Therefore, for primary colors, stay with red, black & white.
Other elements to consider:
- Racing inspired logo
- Czechoslovakian airplane [originally from the czech air force]
- L-29 turbojet from the 60s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-29
- Red star, eastern european themed biases
- But the airplane's race number is 76, so a US patriotic bias is ok
- Airplane is called the L-29 Delphin (dophin) -- its side view has a dolphin looking nose
- The big race 76 numbers are on the nose [and on the bottom of right wing and top of left wing] http://www.vmcnutt.com/jets.jpg
- Probably avoid using elements that are to close to Reno Air Racing Association items