This is where function meets design. Here is your chance to design for a different kind of web consultancy. Winning designer will see repeat work!
I need a logo for my consultancy, Sprout Bucket LLC. Logo should have an image accompanied by the text "Sprout Bucket". Warm colors please.
My company, Sprout Bucket, is in need of a friendly logo. I'm primarily a functional designer/developer. I do a lot of IA and dev work, and have some design chops, but I just don't have the time to whip up a logo (and I'm never happy with what *I* come up with).
Sprout Bucket is a web consultancy focusing on startups and experimental projects. SP works with entrepreneurs to help formulate ideas, iron out the bugs, and whip up prototypes for consumption by investors or the public for research/study and user acceptance.
I work with a lot of tech-saavy folks. I work with designers, developers, CEOs, etc., but mostly everyone has an understanding of what the web can do (which means they know Web 2.0 and the styles associated with it). These folks are dreamers, and usually have a lot of energy (and often, little money).
Also, I'm in need of design help fairly often. If this logo works out, I'll need business cards, letterheads, etc. I'd like to stay with the same designer.
If you have any questions regarding this, please free to ask.
- Large logo in vector format, preferrably in Illustrator format.
- Full source. I need to be able to pass your source over to other designers, crop it, pull it, stretch it, whatever for various purposes. Variations of the logo will occur, and I'd like this to be easy.
- Logo should have an image and the text "Sprout Bucket" (base insensitive, up to you)
- An organic looking logo. I like the idea of warm colors, something that feels/appears pleasant. Think green, vines, growth, natural, life, budding, etc.
- The idea I have in my head is that the "bucket" is something like a flower pot, for which "seed" ideas grow out of. The bucket portion, to me, represents making due with what you have (which if you have a startup, makes sense). If anything is growing out of the bucket, it should not be fully grown (so if you were thinking of showing a flower, don't). Keep with the idea of a sprout, as in, SP is helping the company initially grow their idea, we're not seeing it all the way through. To me this, this ends up looking like a tin bucket with a sprout growing out of it, from an overhead/angled view (just a thought).
- Peach, Green, Silver, and Tan are colors I keep seeing in my head.
- I like the style of the product logos at 37signals.com. I also like what 9rules.com is doing with their logo (I'm not opposed to thick lines with rich colors). I also like the style of Moo.com.
- I don't have any recommendations for fonts. I would prefer a sans-serif type font, but I'm open to suggestions. Balance should be used with any fonts. I like what MessageFirst did with their logo, and their font usage.
- A recommended color palette would be great, but I won't push my luck (I'm horribly color blind, so your help is appreciated).
- The name of any fonts used would be great. I'll need to purchase these for future use.
- Futuristic/blocky. This needs to feel natural.
- Caps. All caps, on anything, to me, is horrible.
- Extremely dark logos. This should feel "warm".
- Source files I can't use
- A design that will be *too* costly to print.