Thank you Adhie for giving me a great logo to start kick a great design. Looking forward to making new back to my front with the use of this image and building a business in call of it.
How Alan1 started their logo design journey
The web site is IvyPlusJobFair.com
We are running the first online job fair for students at the top universities in the country.
Students from schools such as Harvard, Princeton, and MIT can watch live video of companies describing what they do, learn about available jobs, and ask their job and career questions - all from their computer. Think live streaming video of real company employees (not Second Life avatars).
The IvyPlusJobFair gives students a new way to engage with companies. Rather than trolling through the traditional giant job fair that these schools now provide, Students can interact on their own terms from their dorm room.
This also provides new job opportunities to students because companies without the time or money to visit students on campus can still recruit.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are reaching out to university students from top U.S. schools (Ivy League and the like). Clearly, they are smart, tech savvy, and young, and the brand should appeal to that. There is also a bit of exclusivity to the brand, since the site is restricted to students at the top schools in the country.
As for brand feel,
Cool web 2.0 (3.0?) feel (like chegg.com) = good
Old school (like newyorker.com), = not good
The most important criteria is that the logo must fit in our web site design. We have some requirements both in terms of size and color palette so that it works with what we have.
Web Logo Requirements:
Size & Placement
- max of 350px wide by 68px height. But this can be smaller if necessary.
- logo will be against a white background, so it might make sense to have a white background around the image. The template for the site will look like - http://www.jobnob.com. The new logo will fit where the Jobnob logo is now.
- colors restricted to blue, orange, green, and gray. Please use the color shades that look like this http://www.jobnob.com/files/jobnob_logo.gif
- you can use 1 or more of these colors but please restrict to these.
- logo can/should also include interesting icon/design element to make it interesting and appealing.
- the logo must include the words "Ivy Plus Job Fair".
- The words can be pushed together "IvyPlusJobFair" or separated.
- You can also use one color for all text or different colors (e.g. "IvyPlus" in green, "JobFair" in blue) but of course it should look good and not obnoxious.
We will also need a hi resolution version for print.