Name of the company: Svärdsklova (the restaurant is named after the small village its located in)
Type of business: A Restaurant that’s serves humble, high quality food with great service.
Type of restaurant: It’s a seasonal restaurant only open during the summer. (May-Oct.) We combine a bar, a café, a Nordic bistro and a smaller fine-dining area. Total Its about 120 seats, distributed in an indoor and an outdoor area.
Interior: The Interior of the restaurant is influenced by the new Nordic design and especially of the region Södermanland, but do not follow its strict style. The building is from the early 1940s and consists of dark, hard-wood-floors, white walls and sealing’s. The furniture is also stripped down and of practical Scandinavian design.
Food philosophy: (Eng)
We create our cuisine after the summer-season of Södermanland, based on the best from our local farmers and producers. A passion for food is the keyword in our kitchen. A kitchen that is based on sustainability and natural flavor. Welcome to Svärdsklova.”
”Efter den sörmländska sommaren skapar vi vårt kök baserad på det bästa från våra lokala bönder och producenter. Matglädje är ledordet i köket. Ett kök som bygger på hållbarhet och naturlig smak. Välkommen till Svärdsklova.”
Location: Located outside the town of Nyköping, in the middle of the beautiful archipelago. By car, just an hour away from Stockholm, the capital of Sweden.
Background: We are re-launching a restaurant after its been closed for almost 2 years. New ownership, style and a completely different brand are now created.
Main targeted audience: People within the age of 30-70. Middle to high income from the nearby towns: Stockholm, Nyköping and Trosa.
Secondary target audience: Tourists from Germany, Holland and other northern European countries close to Sweden, that is interested in the Scandinavian landscape, culture, design and cuisine.
Three types of main costumers/target groups:
1. WHOP (Wealthy, Healthy, Older People — couples whose children have ‘left the nest’)
Wealthy Healthy Older People are defined as age group 45- 64, who no longer have children living at home. They are healthy and have time and money, which they will gladly spend on experiences.
They are not steered by their children to the same extent as Active families and therefore have greater freedom in their choice of travel, which is often filled with cultural and nature-based experiences.
2. Active Family (couples with children)
Active Families are defined as age group 25-54, with at least one child living at home. They often have a stable family relationship with a well-ordered economy and give high priority to family and the children.
On holiday they want to socialise with their children and appreciate when the whole family can participate in activities.
3. DINK (Double Income, No Kids – couples without children)
Double Income No Kids are defined as age group 25-44, and for the most part couples without children. They are young individualists who have travelled since childhood and set high standards. As they travel without children they are, as a rule, flexible with regard to what type of travelling they can undertake.
They see travelling as a part of their personal identity and use travel as part of their image, they appreciate that which is different and is worth relating to others.
Feel of the restaurant:
• Fantastic service and quality
• A warm and casual feel
• A natural, social, meeting place
• A summer destination for people who loves quality cuisine and an experience beyond the food. People do not only come here for the food, but also for the experience of nature. (We have a fantastic view throughout the archipelago)
• Fashionable but not pretentious.
• Relaxed but also refined.
• Contemporary style influenced by new Nordic design and especially the region of Södermanland
Design of the logo:
• We would like a simple and elegant logo that is also somewhat timeless. For an example we admire the font Helvetica Neue, or something in that direction
• More contemporary then classic
• No serifs
• The logo must work to suit the restaurant's all specializations. (Café, bar, bistro and fine dining)
• Natural colors to work with is black, white, grey, navy blue or green
• We like clean symbols.
o Perhaps something botanically. We like the summer herbs that grows in sweden. For an exemple: dill, parsley or other.
• Another suggestion would be something with forks, spoons and knives. But we don’t want it to look silly or to obvious. More of the serious feel, without beeing to pretentious. We don’t want to scare away costumers just because they are not used to more quality restaurants
• Here are some Inspirational websites for the overall logo design. Look at the sites as a whole and not at a specific part, or just at their logos: We like the Nordic sleek design.
The difference is that we are going for a more summer look. A “happier” Scandinavian pastel tone on the images, while these sites are a bit more harsh and strict than we like it.
• To be the number one, summer-restaurant, in the region of Sörmland
• Top-of-mind for locals, who wants quality dining and a summer experience
• A natural meeting place when visiting Nyköping
• A place you want to show visiting friends and family
• To attract people from major cities and abroad who wants quality dining in a unique environment
• To help put the area of Nyköping and especially Svärdsklova on the “food-map”
• The restaurant should also help to promote the area of Svärdsklova as a quality place to own a summer-house in. An outstanding and celebrated restaurant gives the destination more value overall.