Out of the dozens of designs entered, Hugo's logo instantly caught my attention and I communicated this...Hugo continued to submit more and more designs based around my liking and by no means making my choice any easier :)
Thank You Hugo and thank you 99 Designs for helping me find the perfect logo suited to me.
How tkg started their logo design journey
This is a re-post of the following original contest:
We are ran out of time on this contest and the client wanted to see some additional designs. Please read the entire description below, in particular the section at the end that describes "What I want" and "What I don't want."
Any of the contestants who received a rating of 4 stars on a design in the original contest are welcome to re-submit that design. Of course contestants who did not receive 4 stars are encouraged to submit new designs.
Important: Contest will end Friday at 12:00pm -0400GMT
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for someone to create a logo to assist us in branding the PALS (http://www.palsprogram.org) organization. We want to use the logo and branding package for our new website, annual report, marketing materials (including press kit), and newsletters.
PALS® is a non-profit organization that provides mentoring as well as career and skills development resources to minority law students and beginning lawyers in the New York City metro area. For more information, visit our current website at http://www.palsprogram.org.
A list of words that describe our organization:
- Legal profession
- People of color
- Pipeline programTagline: A program for Minorities in the Legal Profession
Once we decide on a logo, we’d like to proceed with building a branding board. This includes, color scheme, font usage, and other graphic elements. It will also be the foundation for a guide that will be used for all of the marketing collateral.
Important: Due to deadlines, the contest will end Friday at 12:00pm -0400GMT
- Open to a variety of styles, but it should probably have a more professional style than a whimsical style.
- No preference for color scheme at this point (please use rich colors & we like deep blues)
- Logo should be 2 color with no fancy gradients or elements that would be difficult to reproduce at smaller sizes or as black and white. By 2 color we do not mean just black and white/grayscale. However, the logo should still look good in grayscale.
- Our logo will be viewed by over 1000 law firms in New York City as well as thousands of minority law students & attorneys each year. We would like the logo to be a visual representation of the fact that our organization provides services to increase diversity (of law students & lawyers) within the legal community.
- The logo should represent law or diversity and minority, or better yet, both.
- No Scales of Justice
- Don’t include the web address in the logo design
- Don’t use the term “PALS Program” in the logo