Deal Processor needs a logo that is professional and easily used on a variety of mediums (print, web, embrodery, etc.) for it's image. Currently, we have been using a photoshop'd image of rendered text, but it needs something that is more interesting.
We've decided to remove the "No Pencils Required" from the catch-phrase.
Please read the description to get a better idea of what we are trying to accomplish.
http://www.dealprocessor.com (Deal Processor)
"Deal Processor" is our flagship product which as been developed in combination with its first client. Deal Processor is a disconected bid tool that the end user deploys and uses for creating quotes and contracts onsite during a demo with a client.
Systems like Microsoft CRM, and FileMaker provide similar functionality (the ability of generating a quote and subsequent contract), but do so in a "connected" model. What this means is that your sales force needs to have a connection to the Internet, which isn't alway's practical. (think about the last time you were in a basement bar, and tried to make a phone call on your mobile phone)
What we have created is a better system that allows the sales force to be in any area, any time, and can create a quote without having to worry about being connected to the Internet. The user then, once connected to the Internet, uploads the quotes and contracts to the home office, where they are then processed. In future releases of the product, there will be complete automation from closing the sale, to finalizing the installation. (this has been a part-time venture, so we're getting to the point where we want to be at slowly). We have given a sneek-peek to another company located in Seattle, WA, who's catch-phrase is "The Intuitive Restaurant POS system", and they came back as saying our solution was definately "intuitive", which is what we were striving for.
- We've been toying with a few "taglines", and one of the one's that we're considering is "Simple Sales Automation". The system is completely electronic, minus the final signature, so we thought that this tag line would encompass the product.
- We've been considering some logo ideas, and a few concepts that come to mind would be
- We consider the software to be a machine that takes a lot of the manual processes out of the sales associates lives. So maybe that is a tangent to take.
- The software produces a "portfolio" of a quote and/or a contract, and maybe somehow encompassing a portfolio with a modern-style pen laying on it would be sharp.
- Another idea was that the system takes a chaotic mess of documents, processes them, and creates a nicely ordered list of quotes and contracts that the owner of the company can easily reference.
- Whatever you can think of...
- a logo that can be embroidered, used on print documents, etc. This is going to be a B-2-B application, and we are envisioning an entire division of our company devoted to this product, so if we can get something that builds a full-on brand for it, that would be great.
- Maybe something that could potentially depict that the software is a disconnected system? Don't know how this would be done, but is just a possibility.
- for these two, unless you can come up with a crazy way of doing it that can really sell, I'd ask that you avoid them:
- a deck of cards.
- a microprocessor
- More than 3 basic colors
- "boring" logo that would run along the same lines as: http://www.ifinity.com.au/