We are a social recommendation service startup for taste based products (cigar, scotch, wine, golf clubs, casinos, luxury vehicles, etc...) geared toward men. Our service allows men to review/rate products, recommend products, and earning points/get rewarded.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our primary audiences are upward mobile gentlemen age 25 through 45 who have tastes for finer things in life such as cigar, scotch, wine, golf clubs, casinos, luxury vehicles, etc... Think of combining audiences from Entourage, GQ, and Maxim.
1. Masculine and appeal to men yet elegant, luxury, and classy. Evocatus means a retired soldier in the roman army who volunteers to return to the service. It is also very similar to the word evoke, which emphasize tastes and experiences.
2. No Cartoons and not too much graphics. Look at all the big social sites (yelp, facebook, hulu, twitter, etc...). Their logos contain mainly text.
3. Designed for the web and can be easily incorporated into modern web designs.
4. The design must able to be trademarked so no stock images or clip art in the logo.
5. The design must incorporate our slogan: Evolve Your Taste.
6. We need layered photoshop PSD files with and without background. We also need all the color codes and fonts used in the design.
7. The logo must be scalable. E.g. looks good at different sizes. It also must be easily adapted to an icon used on an iPhone app.
8. The typeface should be clear, simple, and yet makes a statement.