Hi - given the poor global economy we're building a sale alerts service for consumers where we e-mail information to them about their favorite online retailers (e.g. Banana Republic). We need a logo and a simple webpage for it to sit on where users can sign up for this service.
Saleawaywithme or Saleawaywithme.com
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Given that our domain name is longer than most, we need to be creative with how the logo and webpage look.
We want a very fun, but professional design; the goal is to save ourusers money, but the site should not look cheap, like many of the dealor coupons sites. Obviously the pun of sail/sale makesus think ofwater, blue, aqua. But purple (because its appeals to women, who willprobably be the primary customer) and red/green (think cash back,sales, etc.) may also work. Be creative!
The two deliverables:
- Logo that includes the name of the site (Saleawaywithme.com). One idea - aligning the words horizontally and vertically - so we have SALE in big block letters and then maybe AWAY sitting vertically next to the "E" in sale, and WITHME under SALE (or something like that)
- Webpage template that this logo can sit on; the main webpage for now will just be a simple form page where users type in their e-mail and check off a list of merchants that they like (just like http://www.dailycandy.com/subscribe/?sel=2 ).Here is a rough sense of the stuff that will be on the website, just give you a high level overview so you can come up with an overall design:
1. Header of homepage will include a logo in the top left corner andlinks to the Contact Us, Login, Tell a Friend, and User pages in thetop right corner.
3. Below the header will be a welcome message
4. Below the welcome message will be the following form fields:
a. Check off the stores from which the user wants alerts
b. Check off the types of products the user wishes to learn about
c. E-mail address
d. Users e-mail addresses of up to four friends to tell them about site