PLEASE READ: THIS IS A REAL DESIGN CONTEST BY A REAL COMPANY. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED OR UPSET BY PRODUCTS OR DESCRIPTIONS OF A SEXUAL NATURE, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER.
I am part owner of Non-Friction Products Inc. My company manufactures various lines of personal lubricants.
These days, there are many brands of personal lubricants on the market available to consumers. Most lubes are fairly generic in nature (e.g. water-based lubes or silicone lubes). However, some lubes focus on specific characteristics that are of interest to certain niche markets (e.g. heating lubes, cooling lubes, flavoured lubes, anal lubes, organic lubes, etc.).
NFP is about to release a new personal lubricant called "LipBalm" or "LIPBALM". This product will be targeted specifically to women. It is meant to be used for masturbation or for sex with a partner. Whereas most lubes are normally clear (and sometimes white), this product will be purposely coloured "hot pink" for visual appeal. This is a marketing strategy as there are very few coloured lubes available for sale.
The lube is made of premium ingredients. It is long-lasting and never dries sticky because it does not contain glycerin. It is paraben-free and made with the safest preservatives. The lube also contains dimethicone and other "waxy" ingredients that make it feel smooth and silky. It is condom-compatible but may react with some silicone toys. Potentially, it may also stain some fabrics.
NFP requires some assistance from a designer to come up with an appropriate logo that will be used on the product label. Here are the requirements:
1) The artwork must include the product name "LIPBALM" or "LipBalm". The font should be feminine as this product is being marketed to women.
2) The product name will be printed vertically (bottom to top) on a clear plastic, "bullet"-styled bottle (see attached images).
3) The bottle sizes are 2 fl. oz (60mL), 4 fl. oz (120 mL) and 8 fl. oz (240 mL). While all three bottle sizes are clear, their caps could be black, white or even pink.
4) As the bottles are transparent, the hot pink coloured lube will be visible on the inside. So, hot pink is the background colour of your design.
5) It would be nice if the logo included one or more pictures or symbols that help the buyer easily identify the marketing demographics of this lube (i.e. women).
6) A pair of lips is NOT an absolute requirement in your design. What we are really looking for is something fun and clever. The design should be "girlie" in a way that appeals to women's sexuality but without causing offence. Maybe something along the lines of "Fifty Shades of Grey"???
7) Colour is encouraged and is left up to the designer. However, the product name must be clearly visible against the background or any other pictures or symbols. Please remember that, essentially, the base colour of the transparent bottle will be hot pink because of the lube contained within.
8) Due to the nature of this product and its intended use, there is potential for some humour in the design of this logo. That is quite acceptable and even encouraged. However, nothing too corny please. This is a real product with real customers. So, we do want to be taken seriously.
Thank you in advance to all participants.