How humbleBrands started their logo design journey
We are a startup consumer products company focused on the personal care space. We are looking for a creative, premium yet simple logo that effectively encapsulates the feeling of the company (described below). If you get it right you could see your design in retail outlets across the United States...
humble Brands, Inc.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a startup consumer products company launching an innovative new premium personal care product.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for our first corporate logo that encapsulates the feeling of the brand (described below). This logo will be used for all corporate purposes (website, business cards, stationary, etc.) and if it is compelling, also will be used in a slighly modified form on all our product packaging.
The feeling of the brand:
humble Brands is above all else, calm, relaxed, natural and comfortable to the consumer, despite being premium. The brand should be clean and modern all while being welcoming to the consumer.
- Logo to be consistent with the feeling of the brand: calm, relaxed, natural, welcoming, comfortable, premium.
- Fairly simple and clean logo. Meaningful symbols or shapes incorporated into the logo are fine, but more focus should be paid to the words themselves.
- Logo should be appealing to females, but not be so overly feminine that it doesn't appeal to male customers.
- Focus most on the word "humble" (note it is lower case) and make this the centerpiece of the logo while staying consistent with the feeling of the brand and not making it feel dominant or off-putting.
- "Brands" can be used as a sub-brand and potentially will be replaced by another word for the logo of our specific products.
- Inc. should be included but not be overly emphasized.
- Two versions of the logo: one that works on a white background (positive) and one that works on a dark background (reverse).
- Finished product in eps or equivalent format, with accompanying high quality picture file. All fonts and colors (pantone, CMYK and RGB Hex) should be clearly identified in an accompanying file.
- humble should be lower case, not capitalized.
- Don't want a ton of colors--keep it simple, welcoming, relaxed and premium.
- Don't want things to be overly busy with shapes or symbols--keep it clean.
- Don't want anything juvenile or overly feminine (despite the feminine focus).