Edit 1: Please see attached PNG and AI files with the dog modelled a little more and a chef hat that we like, will save effort - just leaving sausages.
The rest of both designs are not quite what we want, colour isn't rich enough, layout with the larger .com doesn't work. Maybe squared off instead. The text is all important and we're OK with the logo font, but not precious, and happy for alternatives. But probably think it's best square at this stage now.
Hopefully the business concept makes sense without much further explanation from the work I've done so far. This work isn't necessarily anything like what we eventually want, consider it a bit of colouring in as a brief. The idea is that we all take more care of our nutrition these days and understand it better, and have passed that on to our family... but we forget the most important member of the family - the ole dog!
A tin of 'chicken' dog food needs only be 4% chicken to be called chicken. Gross. What's the other 96%? Should you feed a family member their food from the same aisle as bleach and ziplock bags? That's a household aisle, not a food aisle.
Our food will be human grade, cooked to human standards, free range, healthy. You can eat it yourself.
Key thing is happy, cheeky dog (that’d make you smile + sausage + chef hat - that's the message.
See we’re making home-cooked meals for dogs and wanted to use sustainable packaging, we’ll sous-vide the food (gentle water bath) and usually that can only be done in plastic (not sustainable)... but, this is the killer idea my business partner had - we can use sausage casing to both portion and seal the food for cooking - then it’ll be edible and no waste!
The food will then come as strings of sausages! Wrapped in paper and stuck with a sticker with the logo on it (both biodegradeable).
I don’t think my layout works at all, image with text below - square, would work better.
OK, so 6 files here.
My butchered PowerPoint (this is how I'm most comfy working, soz).
Original dog EPS
A crap version of the chef hat (with a spoon at that stage, but we want sausages
A couple of examples of strings of sausages
What we like:
The carrot in the logo
Dog is OK as an overall style, but I think you can do way better from scratch
Text in copy below as-is, and pipes (not precious about specifically pipes as separators)
We'll be using .com and the URL needs to be part of the logo (better than I’ve done)
Colour scheme, but not totally precious about that either.
What we can't do or need to add:
The dog needs a chef's hat, I've tried dozens, none work - don't fit over ears, wrong style (very plain vector like dog style, can't do it) - the chef’s hat is critical :)
The dog also needs a string of sausages hanging cheekily from his mouth, we’re in Ireland, so Irish / English sausages, in a string, as links, not sure if you know it, but we used to get the Beano, a comic, and in that dogs would often be shown running out of a butchers having snaffled some sausages between their teeth. That’s a cultural thing we’re trying to echo here.
The dog looks serious, almost angry, the spoon and tongue help, but… it doesn’t look cheeky, happy.
The dog is also perhaps too old, not sure - we’re not feeling it :)
Even with a hat, maybe less serial killery kind of eyes - one step short of goofy, but happy, playful - I think the eyes and brows need changing? Maybe the whole dog needs scrapping and redoing.
Font in copy below is just default font on PPT, but OK… think it can be far better.
The Other things that could be added
We'll be minimal waste
Free range (happy animals all along food chain, including staff), sustainable
Once we get going deliveries will be bike or electric car, maybe drone one day - bike's a good bet though after we get going (in a diesel car)
Tested on humans
Be the person your dog thinks you are (probably not a logo thing, but a key phrase)
Dog meals - every one’s a wiener - again a phrase, but maybe not logo thing.
Where this needs to be placed
Email footer, just the plain PB.com part with carrot, on white
Facebook header (all of it) and Icon (just the dog)
LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Web (using Porto theme on WP).
Sausage packaging (circular sticker to seal the packet)