Designer was very responsive to feedback and worked hard to deliver a design that worked for our organization
How CHFcc started their logo design journey
I am an investor and internet marketer and content creator. I have a design background but my graphic arts abilities get as far as just being a quick sketch or what is floating in my head. Because of this, I don't want to be the bottleneck in this exercise, I thought it would be more effective to outsource my idea, so it gets done right. My content tends to be irreverent and humor based. The idea of something strangely out of place, against the norm or celebrating the underdog. I plan to use the logo to promote an unrevealed website, and include it in documentation that will be downloaded. I like classy, sharp design with a spin; a bit of attitude, juxtaposition of interesting ideas etc.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Target Audience: Those shopping for web hosting/domain hosting. Entrepreneurs who are not experienced and are looking for someone with some authority to assist them, who has their best interest at heart, and will give them the straight facts; the goods, but with some humor and some attitude.
Target Ages: 20-45 year olds.
Target Attitude: tired of following the snake oil salesman, who promise them everything and give them nothing. Those that are looking for substance, and are tired of going to websites that are a compilation of tired, useless information that doesn't really answer their questions.
I am looking for one (1) logo that is comprised of: a) graphic illustration and b) text;
a) Illustration Details:
- a 30-35 year old man
- Wearing a crown (something like what the king wore in those old Walt Disney Robin Hood cartoons....)
- Wearing a King cape with the fur lining
- cape blowing in the wind
- Wearing a cheesy 1970's style tuxedo (bow-tie, maybe baby blue, or royal purple??) under the cape
- arms crossed to show attitude, smirk on his face
- one foot on a computer monitor
- maybe running shoes to show rags to riches
- maybe leaning up against the text ("The King")
- Prefer the illustration on the left of the text, but open to ideas
b) the Text:
- Bulky, fat Font
- only the following text: "The King"
- maybe check out the font for the recent animated comedy called "Despicable Me", the title is almost balloon-like
- some shadows, to show 3D
These are mostly guidelines. I am open to ideas though! I look forward to seeing your designs. And I thank you in advance.