I am looking for a logo that is professional, not pretentious, yet still playful and fun. My target audience is broad--from people who appreciate the artistic qualities native to still photography to people fascinated by capturing the pure action of a moment. I love the struggle between being technically creative yet scientifically artistic. A wedding photographer I am not. I believe photography should be fun, not something required for an event that you rarely appreciate after the fact. Although digital captures are cheap, they should require thought not chance.
I am looking for a logo to represent “Prints By Eric.”
1. I really, really want a Panda in the logo.
2. I am thinking the Panda could be using his “Paws” maybe, to dot the “i's” representing the “prints” aspect of the logo (thinking out loud), also maybe the “i” in Eric. Seriously, who doesn’t like a Panda, they're awesome!
3. Another idea that goes along with the Panda theme in the logo could be having the panda's paw prints on what appear to be paper prints of pictures so it looks like he walked over them and left a trail.
4. I think colors will be important, because a quintessential panda is black and white. I would like to keep that essence, but still have some professional playfulness. I mean, this should be fun and can still be very professional. I think of it sort of like a comfortable and relatable feeling.
5. The more people that relate and feel comfortable, the more likely they will identify with the brand. I think of newegg.com for example—it's easy to relate to an egg! Simple and brilliant.
6. As for typefaces and lettering, I don't want anything cartoonish or bubbly. I think the artist can come up and adapt this to the theme as appropriate.
7. This is where I need your help. I can vaguely describe a concept, but I need your expertise to create, enact, and use your own experience and intuition.
8. Finally, regarding the panda; I want the panda to compliment not overpower—I know this will be a balancing act.
Here is an example of a logo that we really like:
Social Dress Up - http://www.socialdressup.com/index.php
Other's I liked:
Rockit Nightclub - http://logofaves.com/2010/08/rockit-nightclub/
Magic Coffee - http://brandstack.com/gallery/brand…954691.png
Here is an example of what we are trying to avoid:
Please feel free to experiment with colors!
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo. Only original ideas please!