How Jonathan Cottone started their logo design journey
Bennu designs and markets consumer products made of recycled materials. The name was chosen because Bennu is the Egyptian precursor to the Phoenix, representing rebirth and renewal.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Bennu is a lifestyle brand targeting environmentally-conscious men, women, and children.
• The logo must express "rebirth/renewal" as these are the key elements not only to our products made of recycled material but also the sustainable lifestyle. Please note that despite being an eco-friendly product company we are not interested in incorporating leaves into the logo. While this symbol does represent "green" and "sustainability" is does not invoke "renew" or "rebirth" which is the key differentiator of our company and products.
• The logo must include the company name “Bennu” and be legible to those unfamiliar with the word
• The logo can be as simple as an artistic interpretation of the word “Bennu”, such as “Coca-Cola" or can also incorporate a related symbol such as the lightning bolt in Gatorade or the 3 stripes in Adidas.
• The logo must include the following skeleton tagline, but incorporated in such a way that it can be removed when not appropriate: “now.line.smile”.
• The logo should include 1 or 2 colors, but no more than 3. Green should be included as this is an eco-friendly brand. Color scheme should be created so that a negative of the logo could be created, i.e. if the logo is designed with a white ground, it should still be recognizable if placed on a dark ground.
• The logo needs to look good when printed in black & white, so please prepare a grayscale version as well.
• Design aesthetic should be clean, contemporary and gender/age neutral.
• The logo file needs to be submitted in the native format (AI or PSD w/layers) as well as generic formats (such as EPS, JPEG, or GIF). If PMS colors are used, clearly specify both in the graphics and in writing what colors they are. Please also include the fonts used in the graphics, or submit in writing which fonts are used if outlined.
• Please DO NOT submit logos with the following elements:
1) gradients or color bleeds
2) 3-D graphics
4) 4 or more colors