Our target is the activist-minded consumer who is already aware of the Fair Trade movement and motivated to support it by doing more than just purchasing products or frequenting Fair Trade businesses.
Fair Trade Towns, USA is a national campaign to build a strong, broad-based consumer demand for Fair Trade products and businesses. It is a community-based organizing campaign designed to provide the organizing resources to local activists to get their town or city officially declared a “Fair Trade Town”.
The aim is for this designation to provide a platform for long-term campaign activity to raise awareness and demand for Fair Trade, thereby facilitating life-changing benefits for impoverished farmers and workers across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The logo design must incorporate the following four elements:
• Illustration style artwork of a Farmer. Man or Women but prefer both. Illustration needs to show Farmer planting or harvesting crops.
• Illustrated style artwork of a city skyline.
• The words “Fair Trade Towns, USA”.
• The ability in incorporates the name of any U.S. city as a secondary text. Ex: (Oakland, CA)
CORE CONCEPTS TO GET ACROSS:
• Justice, Sustainability, Empowerment.
• This is a USA movement and NOT a global movement. Please do not use a globe/earth in the design.
For more reference visit http://www.fairtradetownsusa.org