• Your brand and business: A quick 2-3 sentence summary is perfect.
Robins & Morton is a national construction and engineering firm with 1000 employees located in 80+ jobsites and eight division offices. The firm is launching “idea exchange” as an internal initiative to foster the collaborative exchange of innovative ideas among all employees.
• Target audience: All employees are included in our target audience, but to break it down a little further, the majority of our technical operations team members are engineering and construction professionals. Mostly men, ranging in age from 22-65, but a bit goal of this initiative is to encourage the open and “safe” sharing of ideas among team members from various technical, educational and generational backgrounds. We also want to be sure ALL employees throughout the company participate in the various challenges, not just management and field personnel (likely quarterly to begin, hopefully more often as program gains momentum). The goal is that good ideas can, and should, come from every aspect of the company including entry-level and administrative personnel who have historically not actively engaged in proactively contributing this type of content as it may have been perceived as “out of their area of expertise or responsibility”.
• Users will be asked to not only share concepts and ideas, but also actively respond and engage with others ideas so that the very best ideas are exchanged, identifying proven best practices and leading to better company policies. In the past, we attempted to collect and disseminate best practices and innovative ideas via what we called our QAC (Quality Action Council) which was a considered archaic, bureaucratic and not very effective. The process was basically a form that was sent to a designated committee where it was discussed and “voted on”. The process wasn’t perceived as highly engaging or truly collaborative
• Values to communicate with your design:
Collaboration, innovation, open-minded sharing of ideas, safe environment for sharing new ideas and constructively commenting on other’s ideas. In addition, our general company values of integrity, communication, excellence, commitment, respect will thread through this initiative as it does all company operations.
• Stylistic preferences: Our corporate color is PMS186 and I have attached a vector of our logo. Our corporate color should be incorporated somehow into the design. The “building with purpose” tagline is not necessary for this design, but I did want to share it as a component of our larger corporate branding. Our corporate website, http://www.robinsmorton.com provides more information on the company’s history, services, clients, etc.
• Example images: The attached .doc includes some images from the internet that we generally liked, but look forward to your creative input! Our CEO did really like the mixed text style of the red logo (ideaexchange) below the image component of the logo.
The logo will be most prominently used on the landing page of the ideaexchange site and all internal communications/promotions associated withe the initiative launch and individual challenges to likely include emails, posters, postcards and maybe some promotional prizes, etc. (tshirts, jump drives, etc.)