I loved Kobi's design. He has delivered on the assignment and was very responsive; he has offered originality and creativity. I highly recommend Kobi.
How Philippe L started their logo design journey
• We are branding Go Gym to be a franchising opportunity for the establishment of gyms, nationally & internationally.
• Go Gym’s focus is on “intelligent” fitness training and wellness. Therefore personal training, semi-private training and group training is our primary business. Secondary services include physical therapy and nutrition.
• We use “non-conventional” fitness training methods from all around the world, proven research and health organizations to address individual fitness needs; whether it is to become stronger or more athletic, to become pain-free or more flexible, or to experience an increased level of “wellbeing”.
• Machines are “not used” because they are not effective in establishing useable strength nor mobility and they can leave people in pain.
• We do not use trends or gimmicks, but “intelligent” exercises based on body physics involving: Functional Training to allow the body to work in its proper range of motion, Posture Exercises to improve spine and joint alignment, Activation Yoga different than any other, Muscular Endurance using athletes principles, Mobility Drills and Core Integrity.
• Our specific training techniques also increase real strength, alleviate or stop pain, increase flexibility, and increase energy.
• It's all about the feeling of wellbeing, vitality, health, energy, strength. OUR AUDIENCE NEEDS TO FEEL THIS IN OUR LOGO.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
• Our current audience is between 36-60 years old, college educated, with incomes above 65K and 67% female. (Note: while the current client of Go Gym is mostly female, the logo should appeal to both sexes.)
• We want to reach/attract persons who are interested in changing their health, specifically their fitness level—and those who want and need help with this process.
• Additionally, we want to empower the person to maintain their personal best level of fitness.
• Remember, we want to appeal to an “intelligent” audience and drive/capitalize on their desire for fitness and well-being. The logo must be interesting!
• We do not want to advertise like other gyms because there is a stigma about gyms, personal training, group fitness, etc. We don't conform at all to the way other entities do what they do, whether it is our training, our outlook on fitness, or our vision. Go Gym is a spearhead to where the fitness industry is going. OUR AUDIENCE NEEDS TO FEEL THIS IN OUR LOGO.
The following are our thoughts; AT THE SAME TIME, WE ARE OPEN TO YOUR EXPERTISE so feel free to go against what is written below:
• The name is in the logo (you decide upper or lower case) but have more than just the name, like a symbol (you decide abstract or symbolic)!
• Clean, simple, modern, innovative, inspiring
• A removable tag line is "Intelligent Fitness. Intelligent Health."
• Blue and green (BUT YOU CAN TRY OTHERS)
• Modern colors with depth. The green color for “go” seems to work well to signify growth or movement (i.e. green light!). Stronger blues communicate strength, vitality and freshness.
• Inspire - a clean sharp, fresh image that conveys “movement”. Use strong elements so that it can easily be distinguished in high traffic areas like shopping centers and high-end businesses/establishments.
• The logo should have elements that can be executed well on the web, business cards, sports wear, gym bags, fitness equipment, etc.
• We DO NOT want standard logos that show free weights being lifted or line drawings of persons with arms up cheering. We ARE NOT a spa or a boot camp and do not want images that portray either of these.
• Go Gym’s logo needs to depict its one of a kind uniqueness and be an image that works nationally and internationally. Additionally, as noted earlier, the Go Gym’s expansion will include: different types of exercise establishments, fitness apparel, fitness equipment, fitness training certifications, nutritional products, etc.