We're launching a new brain games company, and we'd like to have a fun and smart logo. Our games include Sudoku, n-back and dual n-back memory games, language games, spatial games, and musical phrase games and we're targeting folks who want to get serious about their mental health and development. Think "Brain Age meets 24 Hour Fitness" (but do NOT use this as a tagline for the logo! These are registered trademarks of other companies...I'm just trying to give you an idea of the purpose of our company).
We want a design that conveys mental fitness and development. Our customers are folks concerned about mental aging and related illnesses, and so we're a fun company attempting to help with serious issues. The science behind brain games is still pretty new, though also pretty compelling, so we need to convey a seriousness about our methods and games.
It could be a mascot, or a stylized person (perhaps with glasses and looking smart; if a person, an older professor type is better than a kid or cool hipster). Or, it could just be a stylized M or the word Mentability stylized. I kinda suspect we want a mascot or figurehead, though.
- The word "Mentability". It's our company name after all. An icon version would also be sweet, perhaps with just an M and whatever mascot or image mark you come up with.
- Colors should not clash with those found in this Drupal theme: http://drupal.org/files/images/acqu…review.png (the colors do not need to be the same as those in this theme...they just shouldn't clash...contrasting bold colors are probably a great choice...we will be modifying the theme a lot, but the color scheme is pretty awesome as-is).
- Serious, smart, fun. What's that mean? I don't know, exactly. We just need to convey that our games are good for your mind, and we've got the science to back it up.
- Vector format, preferably SVG.
- Taglines. Do not include a tagline. And, definitely, definitely, definitely, do not include a tagline that involves two registered trademarks of other companies.
- Garish colors. No purples, bright pinks, turquoise, flourescent greens or yellows, etc.
- Colors that are too subtle or details that are too fine. Older folks can't see as well as younger folks...so solid contrast and clear imagery is important.
- Too cutesy. Fun is important, but if it looks like a Pokemon, we're not going to choose it.
- Scary or serious sci-fi. If it looks like the cover of a 70's sci fi novel, it's probably not right.