How puppy-blankets.com started their logo design journey
Logo and banner needed for new online business that manufactures and sells quilted pet blankets and other dog products (such as pet beds and bandanas).
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The company name is "puppy-blankets.com" We are an internet-based business that manufacturers and sells quilted pet blankets. We own three Boston Terriers that will be used as product models on our website (which is still in the development stage). Most of its content will be written as if the dogs are speaking to the customer.
- We would like a logo and banner that incorporates our company name which will be used on our website, in print advertising and on our product label.
- We are looking for a clean, somewhat simple, eye-catching logo that portrays a friendly image.
- We seem to be more drawn to a softer, flowing look instead of hard, sharp edges and fonts.
- Colors and styles will be left up to the creativeness of the designers who enter the contest; however, if there is something that catches our eye, we may ask designers to submit something with specific coloring.
- We would like a logo that prints well in color and in black and white.
- File formats: Vector graphic. jpg, gif, eps, psd, tiff. We need the logo in high resolution for printing purposes and also in one of the most common formats for printing and web layout.
- A few things we would be interested in seeing:1. We like the outline look. A couple of examples are the logos at http://www.sitmeanssit.com and http://www.petparadiseresort.com. Silhouettes are OK too. We are definitely open to other ideas as well.
2. We also liked the logo that was designed on this website for dogzonline.com.au-Australia's Pure Breed Dog Community" (#81) with the dog tongue used in place of the "l" in the word "online." Can be viewed at http://99designs.com/contests/258.
3. An image of a dog enveloped in a blanket would be of interest since the focus of our business is pet blankets.
4. Since our Boston Terriers will be used as product models on the website, it would be neat to see the breed incorporated, but definitely not necessary for inclusion in the design.
5. We don't have a tagline confirmed yet, but would like to see logos with and without taglines. One we are thinking of using is "where sleeping dogs lie."
- No cartoon images or designs that are too detailed or "busy."
- Don't care much for hard, sharp edges and fonts in design.
- Hard to read fonts.
- No three-headed dog logos, unless it can be done in a simple, tasteful outline-type design.