The definitive UK university league table website http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk (CUG) is currently being re-designed and requires a professional new logo to launch with. In addition we would like a matching design for an “award badge”.
Part 1: The logo should include the brand name however we are not too bothered about keeping the red tick. The existing tagline of “Make the right choices. What to study, where to study.” is to be replaced with “Independent. Trusted.” and it is these values that the logo should communicate. We want to be seen as the definitive university league table.
Part 2: The award badge is aimed at third party university websites, allowing them to advertise how well they rank in the league tables each year on their own site. As such the badge should include the CUG logo, space for a large number showing the ranking/position and a few words such as “University League Tables 2011”. An example of this concept in another vertical is HitWise, seen on sites such as http://www.pistonheads.com/ e.g. http://images.hitwise.co.uk/awards/…_white.gif
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
- Mainly 16-19 year old UK students planning to attend university in the next year or two.
- In addition sometimes the parents of these students use the site on their behalf.
- Clean and simple design, conveying accuracy, trust and simplicity.
- Logo aspect ratio of 2:1 including the new tagline. Award badge should be roughly 1:1.
- The logo will be used on a white background and we have a preference for vector based designs.
- The winning designs should be provided in a hi-res format, in both colour and greyscale.
- The award badge will be used on multiple third party sites, with varying designs and colour schemes. If possible the design of the badge will not look too out of place on a wide variety of websites.
- The ranking/position number and “University League Table 2011” text should be easy to customise without significant design skill or applications, allowing us to update the set of badges each year and the re-purpose them for different awards e.g. “Top 5 Universities for Computer Science”.