IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!
- I know I am going to get lots of submissions with a marijuana leaf in a circle. I know thats the obvious and easiest idea, but I don't want something that plain. Certainly a the five fingered leaf or bud will need to be incorporated in the design somehow to say what the logo is about. But I am really looking for a more interesting idea than just a marijuana leaf with lettering underneath it.
- I want a circle, diamond, half moon or horizontal oval shape that is contained so I can make a crest or seal that goes on our hats and labels.
- logo needs to be clearly legible as small as 2" x 2"
- I like a classic / literal looking "farm" logo. I've provided several examples of these, including:
99d2017-07-02 at 3.53.02 PM 3.jpg
99d2017-07-02 at 3.53.02 PM 9.jpg
But if you go this route make sure you use images that suit the region. BC has lots of mountains, for example. Also, it has to be clear that we are farming marijuana, so a pot leaf or bud would need to be used. And I don't want it to look explicitly like the marijuana is being grown outside because outdoor grown pot = low quality pot. I don't mind using images of the mountains, sun, or BC rainforest as components of the logo, but it should not look explicitly like it is an outdoor marijuana farm.
- I am also very fond of a more modern / abstract approach, such as:
99d2017-07-02 at 3.53.02 PM 12.jpg
The advantage of this approach is that you can avoid the problems I stated above with looking like outdoor grown pot. Also, this is a modern industry so a more modern / abstract approach kind of fits
- I favour a script or fancy font for the title Island Varietals.