Ours will be a new, 6-12 public Charter school set to launch in Fall 2014.
To prepare a diverse group of students for success in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world.
The school intends to deliver a personalized learning experience that provides every student the opportunity to achieve their academic goals regardless of their previous preparation and background.
• We believe in Possibility: that all children can and will achieve their highest potential and will be prepared for success in college and career, regardless of background or circumstance, when held to high academic and behavioral expectations. We value courage, initiative, and perseverance.
• We believe in Creativity and Curiosity: we aim to develop students who pursue inquiry collaboratively with critical and creative minds. We value exploration, perspective, and determination.
• We believe in Community: Parents, teachers, school leaders, and board members assume collective and individual responsibility for all students‘ success. We value relationships, kindness, integrity, and respect.
• We believe in a Greater Good: Our school will open students minds to an enlightened sense of social justice and civic responsibility. Our students will give back to the community and work to make the world a better place. We value holistic thinking that can improve our school, our community and our world.
• We believe in Diversity: in order to prepare students for a global society and workforce, students will learn to work with and appreciate the contributions of those that are different from them. We value a variety of perspectives, approaches and beliefs.