ShopGuru, a new website that rates online retailers, needs a logo.
By displaying independent ratings of the top online ecommerce stores using criteria such as usability, shipping time and customer service, ShopGuru will help consumers make a more informed decision when buying products online. The logo will be a key element in establishing credibility for this service.
The target audience for this service is mainstream consumers who use the web. The key point here is not to focus on the tech-savvy “geek” demographic who make online purchases everyday, but less seasoned web users who are hesitant to purchase online due to a lack of trust in the online seller or in buying online in general.
The logo may include a graphic, or it may be purely typographic. It should incorporate the following tagline:
Helping you shop online safely
The logo should communicate as many of the following values as possible:
The logo should be recognisable at smaller font sizes but equally able to be scaled up to larger sizes for use in print and billboard advertising.
THINGS WE LIKE
• Simple, clean designs
• Trusted colours such as blues and greens
• Logos that contain clever references, subtle meanings, or somehow play on shapes or word forms to reinforce the brand or service
THINGS WE DISLIKE
• Old-fashioned, stuffy, corporate logos
• Overly juvenile, playful logos
• Intricate, illustrative logos
• Clichéd wise men with turbans and snake charming abilities
• Unoriginal designs