original and beautiful design. We liked the clean design and color choices.
Stephan ist ein super Designer. Er ist auf alle unsere Wünsche eingegangen und war sehr schnell & zuverlässlich.
Excellent design! Ririn is extremely creative and exceeded my expectations. I am thrilled with my new logo and will definitely use this designer again. It has been a wonderful experience.
How Bernadette.kamleitner started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
What’s your company slogan?
Science inspired by consumers
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are an Austrian university institute and of course non-profit The institute has existed for a long term and was known for research competence in advertising. Last year a new professor took over and the institute has changed its focus – the focus is now on consumer research and the institute’s identity has changed.
The institute also changed its name and it will be known as ‘Institute of Marketing and Consumer Research’ abbreviatedwith ‘m.core’. m.core is now in need of a new logo that reflects our major competences and research areas. What m.core has already is a Slogan (Science inspired by consumers)
We want the logo to portray the following characteristics:
• An institute with an open ear, open mind and open door policy
• Approachable and friendly
• It should also become clear what we actually do: consumer research
The logo should be appealing to all our major stakeholder groups: Students, academia, practitioners and media. It should be easily identifiable, readable, and most of all convey what we stand for (so the integration of some graphical elements is welcome).
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
- The abbreviation of the institute (m.core) should be the core of the logo
- Lower case letters are preferred (m.core)
- Soft fonts (rather round than hard cut) are preferred
- Some visualisation around the letters is welcome (e.g. using the O)
- Colours to use: blue, white.
o We need a positive version that works on white and light paper (no white box around it should fit on any light background)
o We also need a negative version in which blue becomes substituted with white – this should fit onto any dark background seemlessly
eventually we will need to combine the logo with text - so it should work to have text beneath it (in an ideal world we would already like the integrated version but that is no necessity in the first step):
o 1. Just logo
o 2. Logo + slogan below it (Science inspired by consumers)
o 3. Logo + name of the institute (Institute of Marketing and Consumer Research)
Soft features of the logo & other details
- Values to be reflected in the logo: Friendliness, competence, openness, innovation, being smart & clever, gender neutral
- The main focus: Logo should reflect high standard (academic) consumer research
- Symbols that should NOT be used: shopping cart (used by a neighbour institute), academic hat.
- Target audience: main stakeholders of the institute – students, practitioners and institutional partners
- We are part of a university – a link to the university’s identity beyond using the same colour scheme is possible but not necessarily needed. http://annualmeeting.aomonline.org/