FLOAT will be a high end float center and massage therapy business in San Antonio, TX. Our primary service is providing a place for customers to participate in Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy (R.E.S.T.), also known as “floating.”
Due to the wide range of physical and psychological benefits the average person will see rewards from floating, but our target customers include business professionals who deal with higher levels of stress, individuals recovering from injuries or that have specific conditions that can be treated through floatation, those from high income brackets that utilize their disposable income to pamper themselves, as well as people interested in specific esoteric practices.
Here is a good example of what we are going for: http://www.zerogravityinstitute.com/
We would like to appeal equally to men and women generally from higher income brackets.
AFTER SEEING THE FIRST ROUND OF DESIGNS HERE ARE SOME INITIAL THINGS WE ARE RUNNING INTO:
1) We need to appeal to a male and female audience equally. This can be difficult because it is a spa type business/facility. We have to be very careful not to alienate our male audience right off the bat.
2) Since we are using the name FLOAT it can easily bring certain ideas to mind for a lot of folks. Because of this it is important that the logo/icon does not make the customer think we manufacture floatation devices and or offer river floats. That being said, using water or water themes is totally cool and most of the designs I have seen evoke water in some way.
We have considered even changing the name because of this, but since they are such different markets I think we will be ok. If you have a brilliant idea for a name, we are open to ideas.
3) We want something that is sleek and cool. Like the tagline says, it IS the most relaxing experience of your life, but it is also a new cool thing to do. It's something that people will want to be the first to do and then tell their friends how cool it is and they were the ones that discovered it. We want the hipster to think its cool and the mom to wish she was floating instead of stressing out, while the business exec heads over to press the reset so she/he can focus and be more productive.
4) We are very familiar with logo's used throughout the float industry and really want something that is unique.
5) The most common feedback I am giving right now (day 2) is that we are looking for something more sophisticated. This is a spa, but it is the type of place that will be used to treat medical issues, so we will be calling on Dr. offices. At the same time we will need to appeal to a hip successful crowd. So sleek and modern works for both.
6) No more leafs please. We have seen about 8 designs with leafs. Not sure why.