we are http://www.esanum.de, a community/news portal exclusively for healthcare professionals! If you are a doctor, esanum offers you an online experience that is tailored to your professional specialty field unlike any other online community.
//What do we do?
Besides free medical news, esanum primarily offers a broad range of premium healthcare related content, including studies, expert blogs, medical reviews and treatment information. Due to regulatory laws, such content is only publishable to certified physicians. Therefore, joining esanum is available exclusively to actual, practicing doctors.
//What are our values?
That being said, esanum ...
- stands for an exclusive, curated community experience
- represents a reliable source for academic and scientific information
- shares the values of the healthcare community in being proponents for well being (communio adiuvat = the community cares/helps)
//What are we looking for?
We have been working on a re-design to be launched in Q2 2018 which is progressing nicely. However, our attempts to find a suitable logo have not been too successful.
Some things we have learned from discussing ideas:
1. We would like to have a design mark alongside our logo.
2. We are not opposed to use the "e" of esanum as a design mark. However, everytime we have tried, it reminded us of Internet Explorer. Yikes.
3. We are not opposed to use the snake illustration (symbol for doctor) of our old logo again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius
4. The design mark can be something else, also.
5. We prefer a clean, minimal appearance - it shouldnt be playful or cute. Healthcare is serious business, afterall.
Attached are some screens that should give you an idea for our color palette and overall visual approach. While the design is still in motion and not final, the logo should overall find its place visually inside this design.
TL;DR check attached designs for our healthcare community website. can you come up with a logo that suits a news portal where doctors go to read medical news every morning?
We are looking forward to your designs!
Viele Grüße from Berlin!