We are looking for a Logo for our Poker staking business. In this business, generally there is a high turnover and we are looking to create a brand which encourages a higher retention among players. It is our goal through merchandising and marketing to appear to our potential players to be a special group which membership is a privilege.
Although we are open to alternative ideas, the following elements are likely to be followed closely. If you have other suggestions please feel free to submit ideas as we are always looking for something innovative and cutting edge.
This logo will appear on various merchandising. Therefore its suggested the following points me considered:
1) We may use full color printing on business cards, watches, and other merchandise so the logo can use these elements. ie full 4 color CMYK process 300+dpi
2) The logo will appear on Tshirts etc, and should look good in 3-4 colors or less. The logo may also be embroidered on shirts so should look fine in just 1 color.
3) The logo may appear on metal cutout cards or other types of so it is desirable if it translates well to black and white (no half tones) and translate to this type of media -- however if this cannot be done without compromising the emotional look and feel of the logo, we do not want this point to compromise the quality of the logo as stated above.
4) Most certainly the logo will appear on poker chips so it is almost confined to being circular in nature although we are always looking for brilliant deviations from this.
Concept, Feel, and Elements
1) In Poker great players are called "Sharks" and therefore the primary element of the logo should contain a shark.
2) We would also like a small fish or Guppy in this logo. (optional)
3) A suggestion is the logo follow the outline of a poker chip which often contains a circular board or pattern. If you need more information on this google "poker chips" to get an idea of the layout.
4) Our demographic is younger males between the age of 18-30. The logo can have a sports team like feel etc. They generally like sports, are well educated, etc.
5) Humor is welcome, but we generally would like to convey a serious corporate like nature or sports team like image. Precision and professionalism should be conveyed.
6) The shark and other elements of the logo may cut into the outer border This is fine.
7) The logo should also incorporate the words "GuppyKillers" however, we are open to the suggestion of placing the words under the logo or outside of the circle.
All the elements above are negotiable, and we are looking for something that pops. Because we are in the marketing concept phase of our business, we are open to other concepts even if all of the above media and concept suggestions are not fulfilled.
The winning designer will be likely to be used on other projects if a reasonable rate can be negotiated.
Edit: Vector/Illustrator designs are prefered but not required.
Edit: I have decided that the circular logo is not essential to the design although I would say it is still "prefered" -- However looking forward to seeing designs which may not be constrained to Circlular logos