A big Thank you to Konstantina, really happy with my logo, it looks awesome! All the designs that were submitted were fantastic. Highly recommend Konstantina! Thanks again for all your work.
How Shawn Taylor started their logo design journey
Plum Tree Portfolios
Hello designers! This is Shawn from Plum Tree Portfolios. We're a brand new company, and are launching a website and mobile app showcasing the portfolios of hundreds of wedding photographers in North America. Our goal is to be the #1 place engaged couples come to find a photographer for their most special day.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is engaged couples looking for a wedding photographer. They will typically be internet and mobile savvy users, ranging in age from 20-40 yrs old (and yes, typically the bride will be our first point of contact).
Our logo should meet these specific requirements:
- Simple and distinctive
- Should be able to stand on its own (apart from wordmark)
- Works in print and online
- Scales down to icon size (32x32) and still recognizable
- Initial submission in 80%K with (50%K for highlights if needed)
- Final submissions in CMYK/Pantone safe, and web-safe colors please
We would also like to see the following qualities:
- Would like our logo to include a tree (plum and/or portfolio represented could also work, but currently our first pick would be a tree)
- Color is a must, but should also represent well in B&W (initial submission in B&W pls - see above)
- Prefer 2D to 3D, but will look at all
- Prefer a more solid graphic logo to detailed logo - this helps with down-scalability
- Please no photo-realism
- Please no clip-art
- Avoid overly flowery logos - it is tempting with wedding related business to plaster the logo with flowers, but subtlety and simplicity will persevere
- Prefer logo on left/wordmark on right layout, but will consider others
- Please be creative and original with wordmark fonts - avoid used and abused standards like Arial and Tahoma
Look forward to seeing you designs! We will provide lots of feedback.