How celticdragon started their logo design journey
We are looking to launch a website where people can vote for and comment on their favourite fairways (golf courses). We're not looking for a website design - just the logo!
Favourite Fairways / Favorite Fairways
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
For obvious reasons the main colour of the site is going to be green but we're stumped for a good logo that's not cartoony and not too pompous... We've looked at using pins, golfballs and drivers but it doesn't seem to work - but then again we're not the logo professionals!
- Green colour - not too bright...
- We'll probably need two texts as the spelling of favourite is not universal (favourite & favorite)
- The tag line currently is either going to be "Where do you like to play?" or "Everyone's got a favourite, what's yours?" but that may change so it's not imperative in the logo...
- We've a landscape design for the header of the site so it'll probably need a logo on the left and text to the right rather than under/over
- Not cartoony
- Not too pompous (uber-elite country club)
- Not too Web 2.0 - most golfers I know are not really ready for reflections and the like...