Thank you for considering our contest!
“You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.”
― Anthony Bourdain
At "The Geography of Cheese", we promote artisanal cheeses from around the world through education, tours, and events. We target artisanal food and drink enthusiasts as well as professionals in the cheese industry. We encourage people to explore and learn through the lens of cheese, supporting cheesemakers and farms around the world!
This logo will be used on our website, in collaborations, handouts, downloads, and many other places. It will primarily be seen by people working in the food and beverage industry.
We are looking for a design that used mixed fonts with yellow, shades of black/white/grey and an image/sketch. Our attachment below with fonts is just a basic idea for reference of how we see "cheese" being in yellow.
Please don't just copy that! Feel free to be creative with how the words interact or are organized (loops, overlaps, etc.), as well as how the words interact with your image.
Also include an image that can be used as a stand-alone logo.
Some guiding ideas:
- nothing that could be called "adorable" or "cutesy"
- no clip-art images
- we're all about travel, exploration, food culture: more Anthony Bourdain than Rachel Ray
- black and greyscale, with a shades of yellow for "Cheese" (not orange or gold)
- submissions should have examples on dark and light backgrounds
- image can be used as a stand-alone icon for favicon and other branding purposes.
- Please avoid yellow blocks or wedges with holes, i.e. "Swiss cheese". See attachments for what we mean about cheese!
Examples of Geography & Cheese-related things to consider:
- compass, globe, map,
- cheese knife, grater, wheel of cheese, Loire-valley goat cheese shapes, etc.
Maybe it's a piece of cheese oozing over the edge of a compass...
Maybe it's a grater grating a globe...
Maybe its crumbles of cheeses falling off a rolled up map with an Opinel knife...
Feel free to run with the ideas above!
If your designs are creative and well-executed, we will consider buying multiples as illustrations for other branding materials and working 1-to-1 for other branding work.