Statues Online - http://www.statuesonline.com
I am a young, UK-based entrepreneur and this e-commerce site will be my first business. I want my first business to provide people with something they can enjoy and admire their whole lives, and garden statuary is definitely that. Far from being a throw-away product, a garden statue can stand for decades.
I love the way statues are framed by their natural surroundings - flowers, a hedge, a tree. Somehow they compliment each other so well; the grey of the stone and the green of nature.
The statues I'm selling are made by a small family run business called Lucas Stone. Each statue is carved individually from real stone. If you take a look at their website (http://www.lucasstone.com) you'll see how their statues are very unique.
Types of statues I am selling include animal statues, mythical statues, religious statues (mostly buddhas), and classical statues. I will also sell plinths, urns and trough planters.
Garden statuary is a fairly niche market online. Many potential buyers prefer to go to garden centres etc.
My customers are likely to be married home-owners, who probably live in suburban areas, small towns or the countryside. Age range is probably mid-30s to mid-70s. I am only able to ship within the UK, so my customers will be from England, Scotland or Wales.
The designer is given great freedom to be creative with this. I would however like:
1) the logo to be congruous with the website (http://www.statuesonline.com) and its colours.
2) the logo shouldn’t be too complex and should be fit for online use and for printing, in small and large prints. Note that if the logo uses a lot of different colours they might be lost in printing.
2) no cartoons.
3) the logo to reflect the value of the statues - most items will be around $150-$250, going up to $900.
4) the logo to incorporate the store name - Statues Online.
5) for those who feel like a real challenge to think of a catch phrase for the shop.
The logo will also be used for business cards etc.