We primarily work with social media and act as a voice for festivals. We manage their Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, Google+, etc. So we're out there every day interacting with fans trying to spread the word about our festival clients. Music obviously is a very large part of this, though festivals are also a full experience besides just the music. It's interacting with friends, having a few drinks, eating some great food, camping under the stars, and overall creating some amazing stories.
So the logo can definitely feature a music note since you go to a festival for the music. It should also convey some kind of message like we're out there spreading the word about the festival and that we're connecting with fans.
** Logo ideas **
- We like the idea of the speech bubbles and some of you have done a great job with them, though please try to make them unique as we feel that they've been used a lot with social media. We also like the bubbles that have some sort of icon inside of them. It doesn't necessarily have to be a music note as we do like the design that just had circles.
- It would be nice to see a logo that showed a connection between people and music. This is the one piece a lot of the logos are missing. They show we're getting the message out there, but they don't show the connection we're creating.
- Festivals become a yearly tradition with people so use some kind of circle to show that annual tradition.
- We like the idea of a tree since we're creating a deep rooted connection with fans. If you do run with this idea the design should still be kept simple as it should look good at any size over say 140 pixels wide.
** Fonts **
- We love the fonts you're all using so keep them in that same style. The font should feel a little edgy, maybe a little grungy and messy, but should still feel professional.
- We like the contrast used when the "Tradition" font is more stylized and the "Brand Management" font is a simple sans-serif font. Especially since the "Brand Management" text is smaller, it needs to be legible.
** Style Tips **
- We're looking for a simple clean logo. Either something with an icon that can stand on its own, or straight text with stylized letters.
- The word "Tradition" is more important than "Brand Management"
- The logo should look good in full colour as well as black and white. It shouldn't lose any details when on a solid colour.
** Scoring **
We won't be throwing out 5's like they're going out of style and will reserve those until the end of the contest. We don't want to put much emphasis on any particular design as we want to keep the new ideas rolling. We'll update the brief however to make sure you can see our tastes as they're changing with your great ideas. We'll also post comments if we have new directions or more specific details for the logo designs.
** File Requirements **
The final logo should be delivered in a layered Illustrator file. All fonts if, free should be included or at least let us know, which fonts you used for the logo.