thefotoproject is a non-profit organization that allows people to turn their artistic passion into concrete actions that help those in need.
Imagine taking or buying a photograph somewhere in the world that could pay for a school book 6000 kms away. Through the use of a global social media platform, thefotoproject facilitates this endeavor.
This platform is also the building block for the future of a global community of change, comprising like-minded individuals that connect for a common cause. Members of the community become advocates, helping spread the mission globally.
The project's focus is a gallery where selective works on display are donated by photographers. amateur and professional. Gallery exhibits are on sale as prints to the public and revenues generated go directly to one of a number of causes, supported by the gallery and selected by photographers and buyers
This simple model appeals to the senses and emotions of people keen to make a difference in the world. It is built on the premise that good decisions involving donations and purchases are made in full awareness of their impact.
Potential Partner Profiles (Implementers)
· NPO / Civil Society organizations that would benefit from fund-raising / a new source of finance;
· Micro-financing organizations, with access to entrepreneurs from communities world-wide;
· Grass- roots organizations working in the field and conducting specific development projects.
Partner Selection Criteria
· Financial transparency: the organization should show a regular, consistent and effective way of reporting financial support, expenditures, results, etc.
· Whenever possible, partner organizations facilitate feedback from beneficiary;
· Proven track record: success stories, relevant metrics and clear results;
· Accreditation by the United Nations (for NGOs) or another reliable authority;
· Focus will be on giving (low interest rates in the case of micro-finance institutions;
· Size. Preference for smaller organizations, which would benefit most.
· Geographic and MDG coverage of partner portfolio.
In addition, there is potential for developing strategic partnerships with other organizations for in-kind sponsorship:
· Professional printing and framing services;
· Distribution networks;
· UN organizations providing resources or funds;
· Photographic Associations.
Logo ( and any additional elements that would help for the website)
The mission of thefotoproject is to empower individuals and communities in developing countries through the art of photography with the following key principles:
· thefotoproject supports the MDGs;
· Beneficiaries are chosen by donors;
· 100% of revenues go to beneficiary;
· Everyone gains.
· There are many, particularly small, projects that need financial support. Millions of people that need help and many others that want to give. By connecting people with similar interests and values, thefotoproject raises funds that are then used to support organizations working in the world’s poorest countries;
Photography is effective as a channel of social awareness and as an instrument of social change;
Greater awareness facilitates the need to become part of the process of positive change. Purchasing decisions are increasingly led by socially aware consumers. If the opportunity to make a positive impact through a purchase of art is presented as an option, it will be favoured for its feel-good factor;
Help us make this come true.