1. How would you describe the company?
Escala Therapeutics is a newly formed biotech company focused on the development of medications for rare (also known as ‘orphan’) disorders. These are typically conditions that are severe, debilitating (usually limiting movement & leading to wheelchair bound) and have limited to no treatments available. Many of these are related to neuromuscular or muscular disorders, but the company may develop drugs for a very wide range of conditions so the logo should be broad enough to not represent any specific area. The mission of the company is to develop medications to help treat these disorders.
2. Who is your prospective client base seeing this logo?
Patients and patient advocacy groups; Physicians/medical researchers, Potential investors, corporate partners and academic collaborators; Potential regulators
3. Do you have any specific imagery in mind for your logo?
The word Escala means ‘step’ in Spanish, envisioning the notion of patients taking steps and also taking steps toward advancement of science and medicine. I’m looking for not necessarily a literal graphic depiction of ‘steps’, but rather a modern, creative depiction of the concept.
4. Do you have any color preferences, or existing brand colors?
There are no existing brand colors, but tend to gravitate to variations/combinations of indigo, rust/orange, and/or deep reds.
5. Do you have any colors that you do not wish to use?
Not necessarily, but would avoid pure black & white.
6. What adjectives should best describe your logo?
Sleek, modern, innovative, emotive, hopeful/aspiring, advancing
7. What feeling or message do you want your logo to convey to those who view it?
Similar to described above, an innovative, sleek company dedicated to leaping forward in the advancement of science and treatment of rare diseases.
8. Do you want an image/illustration or just the company name or both separately or both intermixed?
Open to various configurations, but definitely a logo, possibly with or without the company name intermixed