How Andrew Blain started their logo design journey
We need a new logo to identify our company, and to place on our business cards, letter heads and website. Our brand name is Elabor8. We are an Australian consultancy that provides people with technical expertise in Business Analysis to large and medium sized corporate clients - primarily in the Banking, Government and Telecommunications domains.
Our clients usually request our people to supplement their needs on a particular Information Technology project or to assist them with improving their own, internal, Business Analysis capability. Business Analysis is a broad term, but in most cases our people will be assisting our clients to understand and communicate their Information Technology needs in a precise manner so that their vendors can deliver high quality software solutions.
We aim to hire people with exceptional analysis and engagement skills, who have some sort of technical background. We are a relatively new company operating in corporate environments, but we have not put a ceiling on our growth prospects.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our logo is primarily targeted at our customer base as described above but should also engage potential candidates and potential partners.
Our logo design needs to embody the following principles:
- The design is to portray us a professional organisation
- The design is to be modern without being flashy and should be timeless
- The design should represent concepts of quality (precision), collaboration and trust
- The design is to be equally strong in colour or monochrome and must print and fax in both forms
- The design should work well with our preferred typefaces (Neutraface, Arial)
- The design should not exceed 75mm in width or 30mm in height
We would also like a colour palette that complements our logo.
Logos that we like:
Characteristics of logos that we wouldn't really fit:
- Image rich logos (icon style images would be preferred)
- Colour rich logos (we'd prefer a limited palette)
- Anything that looks like the London Olympics logo