The logo should capture some of Okava's core principles [PLEASE see "target audience" section]: innovation, cutting edge pharmaceuticals, caring, we LOVE dogs and cats, elegance in simplicity.
The logo should stand the test of time. We do not want to be perceived as a "gimmicky" company that's going to disappear in a year or two.
• Logo should be one or two colors (primary should be regal/royal purple)
• A color palette consisting of 4 colors
• Logo must look good in B&W
• Clean, simple, sleek feel (think Apple branding)
• Logo should convey professional, safe, top-tier
• Possible to incorporate passion for dogs and cats (without being corny)
Creating a logo is the first step. The winning designer will have a lead opportunity to bid on follow-up work including: (1) corporate letter head, business cards, and powerpoint templates, (2) generate ~20-30 icons for an internal image library to be used for presentations, and (3) help polish business plan and other corporate presentations.