*UPDATE - May 23* Thanks everyone for all the amazing submissions so far! We've refined our requirements based on our discussions around our new identity:
- We like logomarks that are a play on the letter V
- We don't like logomarks that represent "VW." We don't want the "W" specifically incorporated into the logomark.
- We like logos than are able to have a companion line art version
- We like it in (vibrant) green colors
We're a SaaS software company, building modern enterprise software products. Our apps focus on productivity and the "future of work."
The word Vinewave is a generic name for our software company, it has nothing to do with vines or waves. The logo we're looking for should be abstract and not a literal representation of "vines" or "waves" of any kind. A play on the letter V is a good place to start.
Some things we'd like to change about our current logo:
* We'd like a modern, thicker, more rounded font with nice kerning, maybe with simple unique elements/negative space/curves/notches in the text if not overkill.
* Play with sentence case and lowercase text options for the wordmark
* We prefer a horizontal logo over a vertical one, with the logomark on the left of the wordmark instead of above it.
* Our green circle logomark might be too big in relation to the text.
In terms of the logomark:
We like the green circle, but we'd like to play with other ideas. As a starting point we'd love to see if the green circle could perhaps be modernized, maybe a different "roundish" or even geometric shape that retains the essence of this logo but is more edgy and stylish. Maybe bending/squashing the circle in different ways could create a unique shape for us, instead of our current "random concentric circles" logo. But we're open to completely different ideas.
A challenge with our current logomark is that it doesn't look good when flattened and filled with a single color (it's an odd shape if the gradient is removed). So that makes it difficult to do single-color black & white versions, and we'd like to fix that with this new logo with a flatter and more minimal design.
Some words to describe what we're looking for in terms of design: modern, minimal, clean, simple. With a little bit of flair.
I like how the new Atlassian logo can be themed in different "fun" ways (e.g. https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2400/1 and https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2400/1 - we'd love to be able to do that with our logo if possible.
Besides our company identity, we have a suite of software products which are independent but don't yet have a brand identity. In future we'll be looking to brand those product logos too, in a style that is unique yet retains the feel of our company logo. We also want to include the word Vinewave on our product logos in future so they can tie back to the main brand. I like how Atlassian and Freshworks gave each of their products unique logomarks (see https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2400/1 and https://getcrm.com/uploads/freshwor…0x375.png). So just something to keep in mind.