NOTE: Please be sure to read through this information (especially the links I provide)! 😃
The logo design MUST be:
- Simple to understand (memorable)
- Timeless: It should not follow any ‘trends’ or be fashionable. It should look great if the year is 1950, 2000 or 2050.
- It should look good in black & white. We keep our color palette neutral.
- Culturally sensitive: The logo must work across different cultures around the world.
- If you incorporate our name, it can be done in all caps (MOTIONDEN), no caps (motionden) or a mix of both (MotionDen). This is up to your discretion, we'll give tips along the way!
- Strong rationale: Prove how your design communicates what our brand is and its personality
- Design principles: Prove how your design was carefully designed using the golden ratio, cleverly uses negative space, versatile in applications etc.
- We love seeing concept stories alongside your entries.
- Simplicity is key!
Logo types to explore:
- Word mark
- Letter mark
- Pictorial mark
For examples of classic, timeless, simple logos visit our personal logo brief and Pinterest board
- Logo ideas we would love to explore: https://www.notion.so/motionden/App…cb7e3626ff
- Brief: https://www.notion.so/motionden/Log…7255421886
- Pinterest Board: https://www.pinterest.com/joleneche…-examples/
A lot of you have been putting out some great submissions, however it seems that too many people are trying to force certain attributes into their concepts.
Here are a few things we DON'T want to see more of (unless you think you have a killer idea)
- The company "M" and "D" letters merged into a concept logo
- The play button
We've recognized some concepts that we *do not* want to see anymore
Some ideas we would LOVE for designers to explore
- Concepts that are symbolic to media or design as a whole (video, aspect ratios, pixels, squares, editing, shapes, timelines etc)
- Sans-serif style typefaces (strong, timeless)
- Minimalistic approach
- MORE detailed concept favorites & explanations (logo added every 12 hours): https://www.notion.so/motionden/App…cb7e3626ff
Heck, we're honestly quite open to a lot of things, even concepts that don't appear relevant to the industry in any way at first glance (ie. Audi with the rings or Chevorlet with the bowtie/cross logo). If you design something, and it doesn't immediately appear to have any relevance to our company/industry, but you explain it in a way that does, then we're in business! We hope this feedback gives you some direction.
*PLEASE be sure to look over the brief to better understand the approach we're looking to tackle!*