I am a creative strategist, copywriter and published author.
I help companies successfully launch new products and communication platforms in an ever-evolving marketing landscape. I do this by starting with the consumer. Who is the intended audience? What does he or she want? How can this product or service make her life easier or more rewarding? I also consider competitors, cultural influences and brand identity. And then the storytelling begins.
I have 15+ years experience working with start-ups, non-profits and Fortune 500's, as well as launching my own brand. Here are a few highlights:
• Launched the successful web site Get Crafty and then published "Get Crafty: Hip Home Ec" (Random House). The NY Times credited both with sparking the hip crafting trend.
• Researched and crafted the launch strategy for etsy.com and brand strategy for the social media app Spoilit.
• Developed the social media style guide for the luxury brand La Mer and then took creative lead on the Summer Skincare Pinterest campaign.
• With a deep understanding on how women create meaning through food, I led a team of designers, writers and programmers on the My Holiday iPhone app for Walmart.
• Led numerous training seminars for marketing departments on writing for the web, social media marketing and building brand identities. Clients include American Heart Association, Baruch College, NRECA, Triumph Learning and the Center for Artistic Activism.
I also teach advertising and branding at NYU and Media Bistro, and lecture about the importance of storytelling for non-profits, individuals and organizations.