- Please make “Linkr” the focus of the logo. “Education” should be included, but be able to be easily removed from the logo for promotional material leaving the logo with “Linkr” effective on its own.
- For legal concerns, we must not be associated with LinkedIn. So our logo must be different from LinkedIn’s in most possible ways (ie: color, shape, font, style, etc.)
- Also although Linkr is about Education, we don’t want anything related to classical school symbols (ie: pen, graduation hat, etc.) We’d like the colors to convey: energy, enthusiasm, freedom, lightness / ease of use, modernity/disruption
Now onto the product! ;-)
- Linkr is a SAAS / Cloud application platform that is designed for higher education teachers around the world.
- Collaboration in the 21st century is standard in all walks of life and effective collaboration is crucial in 21st century work. However, collaboration is barely taught in school. Linkr aims at changing the face of higher education by providing tools to foster collaborative work across classes, campuses and borders, inviting teachers and students to interact and collaborate on a global scale.
- Linkr enables professors to access new and effective forms of teaching while making their work easier to manage; Linkr gives students the tools to achieve more in an engaging online environment.
- Linkr enables teachers and students from the same class and/or institution and other classes and/or institutions to easily “Link” with each other offering new tools to teachers and students in “Linked” classes. For example,
>>> Language classes in Japan and Quebec Link and then give and receive feedback about issues that are important to each community, learning about the world and how to communicate across cultures, while improving language skills and recognizing students’ roles as experts of their respective native languages;
>>> Classes in Vermont and Alabama collaborate on courses on history and sociology, discussing the issue of race in authentic and teacher-managed interactions;
>>> A group of classes from across France and Canada collaborate and address global issues from local perspectives, discovering new solutions to problems and sharing these ideas beyond the collaborative classes through publication to the globe.
Who We Help:
Teachers, Students, and Communities
What We Do:
We provide a service and software that enables teachers and students to engage in open inter-class collaboration and safe online publishing. Linkr helps teachers make Education more collaborative, more participative and more engaging for students. We help increase learning outcomes and, we hope, spread values of sharing, transparency, understanding, respect of others and their differences.
Why We Do It:
We believe learning happens, ideas are sparked, and communities are improved when students and teachers are empowered and can communicate and collaborate freely and comfortably.
We believe cultural understanding and deep learning happen through engaging students in authentic interactions and experiences led by teachers, not in mechanical processes that technology often entrusts with the learning process.