The Medical Advisors Group is a voluntary association of Medical Advisors who work for medical schemes, administrators or managed healthcare companies.
From our re-formed association's constitution:
The objectives are:
- To advise and guide the funders of healthcare with the aim of optimising the healthcare of patients.
- To promote cost effective healthcare.
- To ensure equitable and fair treatment of healthcare providers
- To contribute towards sustainable private funding of healthcare
To reach these objectives The Medical Advisors Group shall:
- Identify guidelines to best practice and cost effective therapy and provide advice and guidance on funding decisions related to appropriateness of therapy.
- Identify and prioritise issues of medical management which are impacting on the health care industry, and, where possible, reach consensus which will simplify funding decisions.
- Act as a liaison between service providers and medical schemes, administrators and managed care organisations.
- Set up a process whereby information sharing can contribute towards accumulation of meaningful datasets upon which rational therapy and funding decisions can be made.
- Contribute to the debates, on health policy debate and the structure of the health system in South Africa, where it affects medical advisors.
--- /// ---
TARGET AUDIENCE: The Group is made up of Medical Practitioners (Doctors ) registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) who have been appointed to advise medical schemes or managed healthcare companies on a full-time or part-time basis on medical matters and related subjects and policies.
These members (Doctors) are our target audience.
--- /// ---
OBJECTIVE OF NEW LOGO/BRAND: We need to attract new membership to the association through a new brand identity. The old brand can be found at: http://www.medicaladvisors.co.za