As for logo types, I have a fondness for a “Brandmark Symbol” (just symbol by itself) but feel that “Combination Mark” (symbol and text) logo format is more suited to ProCad Designs.
Currently the ProCad Symbol and Wordmark are both part of the brand and have been used in various configurations in the past. For the new design I am very much open to suggestions and new ideas but initially envision these being two distinct elements side by side.
The Current “ProCad Designs Ltd.” font is in need of an update! It feels old. We are switching to google font "Lato" for all our publications so maybe use that as a starting point, but it could be different.
Feeling inclined to just include the company name "ProCad Designs" without the "Ltd." to simplify the design.
Do Not want "Residential & Light Commercial" shown as it is on current logo.
My thoughts are that the ideal logo should have(in no particular order):
- Crisp clean edges
- Simple design elements
- First impression is that it catches your attention and looks interesting enough to be memorable
- Feel somewhat modern in style.
- Incorporate a house or part of one in some form.
- Blue colour prominent
- I am interested in exploring the idea of empty space in much the same way the current logo does as this is an important house design element.
- Current logo
- Old - Was created by previous owner back in the 90's...
- Essentially it's just ok,... feels dated, and overly boxy. Kind of like a boring suburban cookie cutter house. It lacks the feeling of creativity that i try to incorporate into house designs.
- I rather dislike the garage door being so prominent as I believe a garage should not be a focal point of a house design. Front door or roof lines, but not garage door to this extent.
Current Logo Attached as well as some images of houses we have designed for possible inspiration.
The logo house design could lean towards Contemporary/Modern in style or something more classic craftsman... The goal is for the logo to better reflect the creativity and design style we incorporate into our house designs.
The Design should feel fresh and modern while still rooted in classic design heritage. Give a sense of the company's history of being in business for many years and not the impression of us being a new company that only designs modern style homes.