1. Have a classic look with a modern twist (something that speaks to artificial intelligence and has futuristic message but with a conservative bend since healthcare is quite conservative)
2. Company name (O+) can be deduced from the logo itself
3. A feature of the logo (e.g. mascot, image, etc.) should be designed such that it can be given a personality so that if it is built into an application, people can interact with it like they do with Amazon's Alexa for example.
4. Logo (or aspects of the logo) should be convertible into icons or buttons that can be incorporated into apps.
5. The logo should also include text "Oplus"
We are a small (<10 person) startup focused on bringing artificial intelligence (AI) applications to healthcare. We build AI tools to help physicians make better diagnoses and recommend treatments to improve patient outcomes. For example, our tools are able to read X-rays and determine if they are normal or abnormal. If they are abnormal, we send them to a radiologist and highlight an area of abnormality. We also tell the radiologist what we think the diagnosis is. In the process, we help the radiologist also write a radiology report and simplify measurements etc. Our other products scan patient medical histories and outcomes to personalize treatment with the goal of improving individual patient outcomes.
Our startup is bringing the leading edge in AI technology to a very conservative healthcare industry which is generally resistant to change. Our logo needs to convey that we're high-tech but also respectful of the conservative healthcare profession. We would like to see logos that are both modern and forward-looking but also those that merge high tech with a more conservative/historical look (see attached retro graphic picture).
One other requirement for our logo is that it can be given a personality. We want to be able to give it personality so that end-users (physicians, patients, etc.) can interact with it like another person. A good example of this is Siri from Apple or Alexa from Amazon. You can almost think of them as "people" that you interact with. We will want to create a similar type of experience in our products.
Also, people should be able to deduce the name of the company from the logo itself. We really like the idea of blending old with the new (see examples).
Be creative! Show us what you've got!