• We plan to open a series of 'morning espresso bars' in Europe. The espresso bars will open particularly early (at least for the first country being targeted), aiming to capture people on the way to work/university when they are unable to get coffee from other cafes which have not yet opened. It will only be open for a specific number of hours in the morning. The name 'Startup' alludes to the early morning 'kick-start' or 'starting up the day' with a great coffee.
• The coffee we use will be high quality, hand-roasted specialty coffee. The baristas will be highly trained/experienced and very passionate about making fabulous coffee.
• The range of coffee/products will be small and simple. The focus will be on quality and establishing a relationship with customers and a reliable source of consistently great coffee.
• We want to appeal to people to get into a habit of getting our coffee on the way to where they are going (there will be no or minimal seating) and look at it as a treat, as their morning ritual, as a no-compromise, perfect experience for which it is worth spending a few more minutes waiting.
• The espresso bar should appeal to the broadest range of people possible, but should not be 'old-fashioned' or too 'bright/cheeky'. The imagery should not be 'flashy or loud', but ideally it is still alluring ( 'try me ! ' ), as the branding does need to stand out. It should also clearly indicate high quality, simplicity and focus. The colours associated with coffee tend to be the darker, warmer colours and earthier ones, but a white background and majority white image could also be explored, using the darker/warmer colours for the image/lettering. The final graphics need to support branding on a coffee cart or small espresso bar, which will be located both in the storefront of other businesses (adjacent to the sidewalk/footpath). The coffee carts may also be positioned in parks, so would also need to stand out in that environment.
• We would like the submissions to consider that the graphics will be used primarily on the front/side panels of a small coffee bar and carts, sidewalk signs and possibly a sign over the barista. So there will be different aspect ratios for the final surfaces, but there might also be a need for the sign to stand out from surrounding surfaces, so please also consider framing/bordering ideas.
• Naming structure: