State university of 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students. This logo will be the theme for our annual Civility Week which is designed to celebrate diversity, promote appreciation and acceptance of all cultures, and encourage positive human behavior,interaction and respect on campus.
ETSU Civility Week is established with the general objectives of:
• Providing individuals at ETSU exposure to and understanding of cultures, customs, beliefs and general ways of life that may be different from their own;
• Engaging the campus community in conversations about diversity, human behavior and respect; and
• Working together to recognize and eliminate incivility, while finding ways to help EVERYONE feel welcome, appreciated and safe at ETSU.
Specifically with this year’s theme, “DARE to CARE” we are seeking projects and events that:
• Address civility in various contexts of diversity including race/ethnic groups, culture, nationality, politics, religion, sexual orientation, nature, and more.
• Promote both individual uniqueness and community unity through healthy and respectful communication, awareness, education, discussion and dialogue.
• Exhibit active communication and partnership between organizations and groups that have differing and even divergent perspectives.