UPDATE #2: We're inviting designers to make an icon of two leaves. Perhaps that signifies life and growth and learning and WARMTH.
Perhaps lime green or forest green or both.
MAIN IDEA: We want the logo to be captivating or drawing one in. Something warm that means friends are here; you're reading something that fuels your soul; as a visitor to our website, you also become a contributor....
You can try other icons - you decide! Feel free to visit the site (we'll be redoing the look of the site, but you'll get a sense of the news stories and especially the comments... a lot of the beauty of the site is in the comments and how caring people are).
Exact Name To Be Appeared On Logo: Positive Psychology News Daily (and the letters "PPND")
Target audience: People who read catchy, short research ideas - like those that would turn the the science and mind section of the NYT right away.
Brief Description About Business: Positive Psychology News Daily provides the latest news about happiness, the "science of happiness," and positive psychology. Our goal is to be your fun, collaborative place for a research-based daily boost of happiness.
* Initials of PPND need to stand out - the site is often referred to as PPND
* Open - feeling of being open
* Related to change and behavior change
COLORS: Potentially green (life-like) and maybe others. We're open on this... warm, inviting.
Maybe things we want (not musts - the feel and main idea sections are more important):
* Cutting-edge research
* You'll learn something new
Things we DO NOT want (we will NOT use these designs for sure):
* A plus sign (positive psychology basically means CHANGE psychology, so think of images around change and motivation and being able to make changes in your life... growth, excitement)
* Complexity (we like simple)