Thanks for designing Leaf's future logo. You're going to go down in history.
Our logo needs to meet all of the normal requirements:
* Classic, timeless
* Simple and distinctive (does it look like other logos that are in the market)
* Logo part stands on its own and is recognizable
* Inspires confidence
* Work in print and online
* Can it scale down to icon size (32x32) and still be recognizable?
* Practical and non-offensive (duh)
In addition, we would like to see logos that have these qualities:
* As our company name is Leaf, it would make sense for our logo to include...a leaf...
* Wider logos (e.g. 3:2) are preferred to square or stacked logos, but will consider all
* CMYK/Pantone safe and web safe please
* Please use color (encouraged!), but must also work in black and white, on black and white, would like to see all treatments
* Please be gentle with gradients
* Should not be photo-realistic
* Prefer a standalone abstract logo (e.g. Apple), also will strongly consider wordmarks, and hybrid wordmark/logos
* Prefer 2D vs. 3D treatments but will look at all
* Prefer non-serif, variable width, low kearned fonts...but suprise us!
* Wordmark fonts should not be common like Arial or Tahoma and should show some originality in font choice or design please. As an example we like Facebook's wordmark better than Twitter's.
* Wordmark should not be in italics please
For inspiration, logos we like a lot: Apple, Basecamp. Mozilla, Slicehost
Last, we hate to reiterate this because it's already in the ToS, but NO lifting of logos or logo parts from other design sites or other companies. We are quite familiar with the other sites and companies out there and will be checking...