Hi Designers, firstly thank you for participating in
the contest. There are some great designs already and your efforts are
Directly following is an update to the original brief, as some designers have not noticed my comment in the global discussion. Following that is the original brief:
+++++++++++++++++ Updated info
A couple of things I would like to point out. A lot of designs are
using 'envelop' symbols in the design… please do NOT use envelops, as
our business supplies the messages over the phone via audio, NOT via
email or post. Using a 'voice caption' is fine. Also the phase button
icon is slightly off the mark so please do not use this either.
Also, after seeing a lot of the designs we have come to the
conclusion that due to the long wording size of our business name, that
it is best NOT to have the 'Messaging On Hold" as a long in 1 line word.
So please make the 'On Hold' wording be underneath the 'Messaging' word
in some way to help shorten the length. Entry #27 is a good example of
what we prefer.
Also making the word 'Messaging' a different colour to the 'On Hold'
words … seems to highlight our service type better, so maybe keep this
Thanks again and look forward to your new designs.
Original Brief below:
We require the Logo design to represent our on phone hold messaging business. The logo needs to show the service involves we are projecting 'marketing messages' clearly over the phone while on hold.
We are looking for something slick, chic, clean, modern and accessible. We want a design that clearly lets the client know who we are... and what we are about ! So 'message, messaging' is the important 'symbolism' required, reflecting that we are informing callers placed on phone hold with voice messages and music. I hope that opens your creative juices as a designer to work with a clean slate.
The logo needs to be simple, unique, that represents strengthen a corporate image, and is clear, bold... so when placed on signage it is very easy to distinguish from a distance.
* Important - symbolizes 'messaging-message' (plural.. so more than 1 just messages symbol - we are informing callers placed on phone hold with multiple audio messages and music.
* Scalable logo suitable for web site, letterhead, large background for documents
* Modern '2013' - look and feel
* Simple colours
* Vector Illustrator files
* DO NOT COPY ANY STYLES OF THE PROVIDED EXAMPLE LOGOS, INCLUDING THEIR COLOUR SCHEMES. OUR NEW LOGO NEEDS TO BE UNIQUE - TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE EXAMPLES PROVIDED.
* No Cartoon Looking or clipart styling - We want it to be strong, corporate, not cheap or childlike.
* Not to elegant - more strong 'corporate' looking & do NOT want to come across as being fancy like 'restaurant' signage, more a just slick modern symbol.
* The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out... even from a distance.
Here's the text:
(major = branding) Messaging On Hold
(we may add tagline at a later stage = smaller) so maybe offer a 2nd logo option with a small tag line...
" eg. turning you callers into customer" !!!
As mentioned before, we currently have a red, grey, orange and white logo but are open to changing our colouring.
We like red, orange and grey, as these colours tend to represent creativity… other wise use your OWN creative style, as we are looking forward to a Fresh design !